Festival of Entrepreneurship - #JustPitchZA Competition
What is an elevator pitch?
Rationale behind the Pitch ‘n Press>Play Competition:
As entrepreneurs, we spot opportunities to provide solutions to customers and then find ways to make sure those solutions are commercially viable. The Hookup Dinner’s team of startups has often found that we battle with refining our elevator pitches, the idea of catching a potential prospect’s attention and sharing our passion with them in a clear, concise way that is easy to understand eludes most of us. Those who do it well, receive more attention and potentially more business. We decided to challenge other like-minded entrepreneurs like ourselves to do what we have done, to share their ideas with the world in an elevator pitch format in 15 seconds and see what the greater community thinks of your ideas and businesses.
You will need to get a minimum of 30 views on your YouTube link and you can use social media platforms to promote yourself to your networks.
Follow these steps to qualify to enter the #JustPitchZA elevator pitch competition.
1. Make a 15 second elevator pitch video (STRICLY 15 SECONDS) using your mobile phone, laptop, tablet, etc and upload your clip onto your YouTube account for the world to see.
2. Ensure that you use the following tags to make sure you qualify:
3. Share your video on social networks and ask friends to ‘view’ & ‘like’ and when you have reached 30 views/likes, send us an email with the following details to enter our competition:
An "elevator pitch" is how an entrepreneur would sell a business
to a potential investor if they ran into them on an elevator, and
only had the time between floors to explain the idea.
Subject: #JustPitchZA Competition
Categories: A – Existing Business
B – Business Idea
Link to your video pitch
Your Contact Details
The finals take place on Friday 22 November from 11am to 2pm with a panel of celebrity judges
Prizes are not transferable and the judges’ decision is final
- When: Every day from 12h00 - 16h00
- Start: 18 November 2013
- End: 21 November 2013 23:59